I love Adwords Editor, but I hate logging in every time I use it because my password is so long that I have to open a browser, log in to Lastpass, copy my password, and then paste it into the login box. I can understand the security considerations by Google, but still prefer to avoid tediousness and repetition when I’m trying to get work done. Here’s my solution:
- Download and install Autohotkey.
- Create a new file on your Desktop called “AE.ahk”.
- Right-click the file and choose “Edit Script”.
- Paste this into the file and replace “your-password-here” with your Adwords password:
- Close your text editor and double-click the script to run it. Now open Adwords Editor and press Ctrl-Alt-S when prompted for your password. You should see it typed automatically for you and be able to log in.
- Optional: To be more secure, copy this script to a USB drive on your keychain and only run it from there.