If you’ve inadvertently committed the .idea folder to your git repo, and don’t want it in there, it’s an easy change to revert.
Note: These instructions should work for any JetBrains product–IntelliJ, WebStorm, etc.
- Blacklist the .idea folder by adding the “.idea” folder to the .gitignore file in master, then commit this change.
- In your branch, check this file out from master.
git checkout master -- .gitignore
- Remove the .idea folder from the git tree
git rm --cached -r .idea
and commit this change to your branch.
To restore your editor configs:
- Use the PHPStorm registry to reveal the files: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33010238/show-idea-folder-in-phpstorm-project-tool-window
- Right click the .idea folder, select “local history,” then revert back to an earlier working version.